Iain Greer – Firms need to fully embrace realistic market solutions, provide differentiation from fragmented and limited market simulation environments, and adopt solutions which allow them to quickly and efficiently represent:
- The different trading strategies of market participants, such as high-frequency traders (HFT), investment managers or competing executions desks
- The micro-structure of exchanges, including the execution policies, order types, speed bumps or auction rules.
- The latency and locations of different exchanges or execution venues.
- The bank’s own internal infrastructure, including smart-order routers, circuit breakers, client on-boarding, and trade processing critical to success.
- An unlimited number of future scenarios, including regulators’ stress tests, and measure their impact in a safe, virtual environment.