Liz Kiesche, SA News Editor – “Portfolio managers should integrate ESG in portfolio management, including security selection, portfolio construction, risk management, performance attribution, and client reporting.”
InfoReach TMS Algo Wheel includes:
- Broker and algo selection backed by machine learning
- Best execution reporting
- Improved performance
- Decision making based on
- Historical performance with a variety of benchmarks
- Commission schedules and commitment levels
- Which broker has received orders in the same instrument
TMS’s Algo Wheel is an excellent option for many buy-side teams.
Phil Mackintosh “There is an entire industry dedicated to collecting and computing trading costs. The data overwhelmingly show that transaction costs are falling, and that U.S. costs are the lowest in the world.”
Article originally seen by BizTT editor on Tabb
Monica Summerville TABB Group – “The areas of significant benefits in using blockchain-based solutions were overwhelmingly cited as improved clearing and settlement as well as increased operational efficiency. The areas in which respondents said blockchain would have a significant impact over the next five years were:
Mutual fund giant Vanguard has partnered with Nasdaq Ventures-backed blockchain startup Symbiont to develop a trading platform for the $6 trillion currency market, the companies said.
Users looking for more robust, portfolio level analytics can take advantage of Venn Pro, a solution that is offered on a SaaS subscription model and includes additional features such as custodial integrations and portfolio optimisation and special access to product specialists on the Venn team at Two Sigma.
Michael Mollemans – “Further, the typical workflow, duties and responsibilities of buy-side traders are quite different from sell-side traders. Outsourced traders are mandated to be an extension of the buy-side firm and so buy-side trading experience can be very helpful. In fact, buy-side firms often insist that their outsourced trader have buy-side experience so that they understand the unique responsibilities of the role, and this is among the service offerings most valued by managers (see Exhibits 1 and 2, below). Outsourced trading firms understand this point and often hire only traders with buy-side experience.”
Christopher Tiscornia – “As we move forward, U.S. asset managers need to implement best practices to promote greater transparency and support the spirit of MiFID II and its unbundling requirements. These practices include:
- Having a thorough, defensible process around research valuation and consumption.
- Unbundling the trade execution decision from the research decision via the use of CSAs.
- Providing transparent reporting of research funding, consumption, and value to asset owners and regulators.
- Ensuring that the interests of managers and asset owners are aligned. Managers need to articulate how their research spending patterns, approaches to investing, and enhanced reporting processes are consistent with asset owners’ expectations.”